Warm sound for purists
These ribbon mics boast a modern design and exceptional quality at an affordable price. They’re perfect for smaller studios, home studio users and musicians.
Using the famous microphones of the 60’s as starting point, Prodipe has created a new generation of ultra-tough ribbon mics that because of their directivity in 8 are capable of:
- Stereo and simultaneous recordings that let you pick up the mood of the room from behind and almost completely isolate any sources that are on either side of the mic.
- The speed of response obtained from the lightweight nature of a ribbon that comprises 2.8 micron width aluminium.
- A respect for the timbre of each instrument and a very natural reproduction of their respective sounds.
- An ability to manage very high sound levels (for example, guitar amplifier at full blast).
- High-pitched sounds that are never aggressive (brass, metal percussion), even if the pickup is close.
- Directivity in 8 so you can capture the atmosphere of the room from behind and almost completely isolate any sources that are on either side of the mic.
In particular, the ribbon mic demonstrates its qualities when recording:
- Electric guitar amps
- Drum kit overheads
- Percussion instruments
- Brass and woodwind
- Horn sections
- Acoustic piano
- Acoustic guitar
- Stringed instruments (solo)
- String sections
- Choirs and orchestras
- Polar Pattern: bi-directional
- Frequency Response: 30-18kHz
- Self Noise: 17dB A
- Sensitivity: -50dB±3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz)
- Max. Input SPL: 140Db (at 1kHz≤1% T.H.D)
- Output Impedance: 20Ω
- Load Impedance: 1000Ω
The R.S.L mic is supplied with suspension, cable and clip in a hard case.